What is the best way to charge your Hero5 camera? GoPro SuperCharger. Why would GoPro make a special charger to charge their cameras? Well they didn’t not exactly that is. You can charge your new Hero5 Black or Session camera with any Smart or SuperCharger it does not need to be a GoPro branded one. Although the GoPro SuperCharger does work very well in my opinion. I did a test with the Hero5 Black using the camera until it had no juice literally would not turn on. The GoPro SuperCharger had the battery back up to fully charged in only 1 hour and 15 minutes. Which I think is pretty darn fast. Like I said you can use any Smart style charger. These chargers can tell if the battery that it’s plugged into is smart also. So that it will flow a higher current rate into the battery.
- FAST charging from a 120v or common house socket.
- Continuously power your GoPro for long time lapses or longer video captures.
- AC plugs for US, UK, EU and AU style wall sockets are included. (great for travelers)
- It’s a 27.5W capacity charger with power to charge two GoPro devices at once.
- Price it retails at $49.99 or 39.99 for GoPro Plus members. (you do get GoPro quality though).
- You will need to use a 3A USB-C cable for fast charging (thicker cable pictured above).
- It is a bit bigger than the old style GoPro wall charger.
The GoPro SuperCharger will charge the Karma grip at an incredible 70% faster. Taking it from a six hour charge cycle to only one hour, I have yet to confirm this. Overall it’s a great addition to any serious GoPro users gear bag. Again you will most likely get these same results with any Smart or SuperCharger on the market. This technology is not proprietary to GoPro cameras. I have seen similar chargers on Amazon range from $17.99 to $69.99.