GoPro TimeWarp, a fun new feature added to the Hero7 Black camera. GoPro continues to improve these amazing cameras and the Hero7 Black is no exception. Using this new mode allows you to capture what is called a Hyperlapse in the photography/videography world. Hyperlapse photography has normally been an extreme exercise in patience. With a hyperlapse video clip, the photographer takes one photo at a time moving the camera at equal increments keeping the subject in the center of the frame.
GoPro TimeWarp takes hyperlapse to a whole new level and makes this process far easier to capture. As with anything in photography practice and experimentation is the name of the game. I have been having a lot of fun using this new capture mode. Here are a few tricks to expand your creativity in using this new feature.
GoPro TimeWarp Tips
- Add rotation (use TimeWarp to go around a subject)
- Zoom in zoom out (use to approach or move away from your subject)
- 30X TimeWarp instead of a long time-Lapse ( 5min of recording time will equal about 10-sec clip)
- Use 4:3 for POV TimeWarp captures (This can bike, car mounts or handheld)
- Higher 15X, 30X for a more stable capture (these will produce a much more stabilized capture)
This is by far my favorite new feature on GoPro Hero7 Black. The key to capturing great GoPro TimeWarp is to try a lot of stuff. Some of the best captures I have had are one I thought nothing of and they turned out great. Even as simple as riding escalators in the airport, or walking down the street. It does not have to be anyplace special. It can be a great addition to even a family vide. Driving or walking to a destinationTimeWarp can add a fun feature to your video. In conclusion, try a lot of stuff to see what works is usually the name of the game with GoPro cameras. As always with GoPro cameras using the correct memory cards are super important!